Advisory panel – Dr. Kent Bruner
We are happy to announce the newest member of our Advisory Panel, Kent Bruner DVM. Dr. Bruner has been a regular column contributor to Healthy Living Made Simple and will now help guide the magazine as our veterinary panel member. Dr. Bruner is the Managing Director and Veterinary Services Coordinator for Canine Assistants, a Georgia-based service dog school. He is a graduate of Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine and has spent several years in private practice. His growing involvement with HLMS will bring new and welcomed perspective to the magazine.
Treats for the road
In our last issue, we asked members about their favorite healthy snacks for a long road trip. Here are some scrumptious ideas we’re sure you’ll love.
- Fresh vegetables:baby carrots, grape tomatoes and celery filled with peanut butter
- Fresh fruit: apples, clementine oranges, grapes and plums
- String cheese: a satisfying and compact boost of protein
- Homemade trail mix: favorite ingredients include almonds, cashews, peanuts, raisins, dark chocolate chips and dried pineapple
- Dry snack medley: mixed dry cereal and small snack crackers. Fun combinations of salty, sweet and savory.