Chia Seeds are the superfood highlight in the September/October issue of HLMS. In their honor, I am going to share some recipes from my kitchen. Enjoy the nutty, crisp taste of these crackers as a healthy snack. You can eat them plain or with a delicious dip.
Chia Seed Crackers
Makes 8 servings
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup flour, preferably whole grain
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic
- ¼ cup oats
- 2 Tbsp. flax seeds (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Dough will be thin.
- Let mixture sit 30 minutes, allowing the chia seeds to absorb moisture. Dough will become much thicker.
- Spread the dough on a piece of parchment paper. Place a second piece of parchment paper on top of the dough. Using a rolling-pin, roll out dough thinly.
- Carefully remove the top layer of parchment paper.
- Cut dough into small squares but do not separate the squares.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until crisp and golden brown.
Per serving: 136.4 calories