As a woman in her 50s, Gloria Estefan has seemingly defied age. When we interviewed her for the cover of our July/August issue, we asked her to dish on her beauty secrets. Admittedly, her biggest secret is to be happy and share love.
“I think that your physical nature reflects how you feel. I’m a very happy human being so it starts with that. I feel blessed, I have a wonderful family and my fans really give me so much love,” said Gloria.
Gloria gave us a couple of tips to help boost that physical nature. Here are her strategies.
- Take care of your skin. Ever since Gloria was young, she has taken great care of her skin. She never goes to bed with make-up on, no matter how tired she might be. She also uses a facial cleanser and then a moisturizer to keep her skin hydrated.
- Use a magnifying mirror. When putting on and removing make-up, a magnifying mirror helps you to see all that is going on with your skin. You can identify issues and take action soon before things become an issue.
- Exfoliate. Exfoliating helps to keep dead skin from getting into your pores and causing acne.
- Exercise. Gloria exercises religiously. She says that the activity brings the blood to your skin which can be beneficial. In addition to her workout routine, she recently started working out her facial muscles which she claims has given her a natural lift in just a couple of weeks.
- Drink water. Drinking water is important for a number of reasons, and Gloria gives the life-giving source some credit for her beauty.