More strains, more gains
Significant changes made to Member’s Mark™ 10 Strain Probiotic digestive care supplement
By now, most everyone has heard the term “probiotics.” They’re in the foods we eat and the supplements we take. Probiotics help with gastrointestinal ailments and aid in overall immunity health.
Countless hours of clinical research has gone into improving the new Member’s Mark™ 10 Strain Probiotic digestive care supplement. One of my favorite chapters in Mr. Sam’s Book, Made in America, is “Swimming Upstream.” That’s the approach we’ve taken with probiotics. When our members get to the shelf they can trust in the quality and value of this item.
When we launched our 5 strain probiotic a few years ago, it was an industry leader and one of the best probiotics on the market. Soon after, the competition followed us, so we went back to the “swim upstream” model. How do we make a better, more valuable product?
In partnership with the private brands quality development team, clinical data on all strains was collected and used in the formulation of the new product. Along with digestive health, our goal for this probiotic is to also be good for overall immune system health. Each strain of probiotic was tested to help ensure they provide a benefit to our members.
We also listened to member feedback. A probiotic strain that caused bloating in some users was isolated and removed from the new formula. Members also suggested a packaging change. The sustainability savings brought about by removing the extra packaging allowed us to provide this improved probiotic at the same price and count as our older 5 strain product.
Member’s Mark 10 Strain Probiotic isn’t just for people with gastrointestinal issues. It’s also for everyday members who want to feel better about their overall health.
NAME THAT STRAIN
Learn the names and functions* of the 10 strains of healthy bacteria in the new Member’s Mark 10 Strain Probiotic:
- Bifidobacterium infantis: Feeds on natural fructose and aids in digestion, metabolism and overall health
- acidophilus: May improve lactose tolerance, treat irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and enhance the immune system
- salivarius: May be good for digestive and dental health, immunity
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG: Helps heal the gut and aids the immune system
- plantarum: Helps improve digestion, overall health, immunity
- paracasei: May aid in the digestion of lactose-based products
- lactis HN019™: May improve overall gastrointestinal symptoms and functions
- longum: May improve digestion, reduces inflammation associated with IBS and helps treat constipation
- bifidum: May increase immunity, fights diarrhea, treats inflammation and helps reduce ulcers
- breve: Helps provide colon health, immune system support, and promotes healthy skin and respiratory health
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Kaity Elam Whitmire is the buyer for OTC at Sam’s Club. She has been with Sam’s Club for seven years, with the last two being in OTC.