This is the last Quinoa recipe I will be sharing this month. Enjoy!
Quinoa Fruit Salad with Honey-lime Dressing
Makes 6 servings • Prep time: 25 minutes
A light, fruity side dish with a fresh and flavorful dressing.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 T. lime juice (or juice from one lime)
- 3 T. honey
- 2 T. minced mint
- 1 ½ cups each 3 fruits of choice (blueberries, strawberries and raspberries recommended)
- In a medium saucepan add rinsed quinoa, water and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil 5 minutes, cover, simmer on low 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Make honey-lime dressing: Whisk together lime juice, honey and mint.
- In a large bowl, stir together quinoa, fruit and honey-lime dressing. If desired, garnish with additional mint. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Note: Don’t be afraid to experiment with fruit flavors. Other great additions are peaches, kiwi, pineapple, etc.