Cherry, feta cheese and walnut spinach salad
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 lb. fresh baby spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 cups Northwest Cherries (Dark Sweet or Rainier), pitted and sliced in half
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Place walnuts in a flat baking dish and toast in oven for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and let cool.
- Place the spinach, feta cheese, cherries, red onion (if using) and toasted walnuts in a large salad bowl. Toss to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pour the prepared balsamic dressing into a small bowl. Whisk in the orange juice and zest. Pour over the salad just before serving.