- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups cubed, unpeeled potatoes
- 5 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) low sodium beef broth (about 2 quarts)
- 1 package (15 oz.) marinara sauce
- Dash of dried thyme leaves
- Dash each of salt and ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large stock pot. Add onions, carrots and celery; cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir. Simmer 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.