Roasted shrimp and spaghetti squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, about 2 lbs., halved
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled
- 1½ Tbsp. extra- virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. coarse black pepper Fresh basil garnish
- ¾ cup water
- Heat oven to 350 F. Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds. Fill baking pan with ¾ cup water, place squash cut side down, and roast for 2 hours or until tender.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss shrimp with oil, garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice then bake for 10 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.
- With a fork, scrape the flesh from the squash into a large bowl. Mix in shrimp and cooking juices. Top with fresh basil and cheese.