- 1 lb. salmon fillets
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 cup grated cucumber
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs, ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 bag of fresh spinach
- 4 whole-wheat buns
- Cut the salmon fillets into large chunks and place in food processor. Pulse the salmon until the salmon is chunky by not entirely smooth.
- Move salmon to a bowl and mix in the mustard, soy sauce, bread crumbs and black pepper. Divide evenly into four balls and press into patties. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- To make the cucumber dill spread, whisk the cream cheese, cucumber, dill and additional pepper together.
- Preheat a grill or broiler to high. Broil or grill the salmon burgers 4–5 minutes per side until no longer pink in the middle, or cooked to 145°F.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of dill cream cheese mixture on 1/2 of each bun, add cooked salmon burger and toppings of choice.