Sweet potato, feta and spinach muffins
- 2 whole sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk or milk substitute
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fresh, chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Lightly coat sweet potatoes with olive oil and bake in 400 degrees over for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Let potatoes cool completely before handling again (roughly 20 minutes).
- Coat muffin tin with olive oil or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, butter and milk.
- Add flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in potatoes, spinach and cheese.
- Divide batter into muffin cups, about ¾ full.
- Bake muffins in 400 degrees oven for 18-22 minutes.rn
Vitamin filled and year-round ready, find out why Superfood spotlight: Spinach is extremely versatile.