- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 7 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups water
- 6 oz. goat cheese, soft 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. thymern
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower seeds, unsalted and shelled
- In a large pan, sauté onions in olive oil until tender.
- Add squash, spices and water and bring to a boil until squash is tender.
- Empty pan into a blender and add cheese, blending until pureed.
- Return mixture to pan and reheat without bringing to a boil. Garnish with sunflower seeds.