A mother’s voice plays a critical role in a newborns language development, according to research published in the journal Cerebral Cortex. While a stranger’s voice sparked brain activity only in the voice recognition area of newborns brains, their mother’s voice activated parts of the brain responsible for language learning.
Lets go for a stroll
Because newborns can’t hold themselves or their heads up, most umbrella strollers and jogging strollers don’t provide enough head or back support for infants. Choose a stroller that can comfortably recline or that can be used with your infant car seat until your baby can comfortably hold themselves upright.
Sense of self
Children begin to identify themselves as individuals around preschool age. Kids often claim ownership of toys or activities in play-groups, which can seem selfish, but it is a natural part of learning development as they learn to recognize and separate other people’s perspectives from their own.
How important are baby teeth?
Baby teeth have more significance than just a visit from the tooth fairy. They are there to hold places in the mouth for adult teeth. According to the American Dental Association, if a baby tooth is lost too early, the permanent teeth can move toward the empty space, which can lead to teeth coming in crooked or crowded.
Most women suffer from back pain throughout their pregnancy. Finding ways to ease and prevent it is key to keeping your body relaxed. According to the Mayo Clinic, consider these remedies to alleviate pain:
- Practice good posture.
- No flats! Wear low-heeled shoes with good arch support.
- Lift small objects by squatting and lifting with your legs.
- Sleep on your side, not your back. You can also try pregnancy or support pillows between your bent knees.
- Use heating pads or ice packs for your back. A pregnancy massage will help, too.
- Maintain regular physical activities that your doctor allows to keep your back strong.
- Consider additional therapies like chiropractic or acupuncture. Talk about your options with your