Grounded in beauty
Loaded with antioxidants, coffee not only is a great way to start the day; it also gives its drinkers a full cup of beauty.
- The caffeine in coffee can help reduce swelling and inflammation. Topical eye creams that contain caffeine will work more quickly because it specifically targets the problem area.
- Take a small baggie of coffee beans with you the next time you go shopping for a new fragrance. Taking a quick sniff of the beans will help cleanse your palate as you move from scent to scent.
- With one cup of warm coffee grounds, a half cup of sea salt and two tablespoons of olive oil, you can make an exfoliating scrub. Brush off as much of the mixture as you can before hopping in the shower.
- For dark-haired individuals, coffee grounds mixed into a paste and applied after shampooing can help enhance your hair’s natural color. The acidity in the coffee will also help add a touch of shine.
A go-to product for healthy cooking, coconut oil is fast becoming one of the top-selling beauty products. This oil is loaded with saturated fats that keep the skin smooth, fatty acids (capric, caprylic and lauric) that disinfect, and vitamin E to help promote healthy skin growth and repair. Simply take a quarter-sized dollop of coconut oil in your palms, briefly rub your palms together, then apply to your problem areas (feet, face or hands).
Fellas, use these easy tips to freshen up your grooming routine or get yourself out of a morning jam.
- Out of shaving cream? Generously apply hair conditioner in its place.
- Is your razor blade dull or blocked? Try rubbing your razor on denim, against the grain of the blade, to help get rid of any stubble and sharpen the blades.
- No time to shampoo? Take a dryer sheet and rub it on your hair to help tame flyaway hair ends and give your follicles a fresh scent.
It’s a little unorthodox, but if you want to extend the life of your tights, try freezing them. Simply dampen your tights and place them in a plastic bag and freeze them overnight. Thaw them out the next day and wear as usual. The freezing helps strengthen the fibers in your tights and prevents runs.