Save on beauty
In today’s world, many people associate money with beauty. However, its not impossible to have great skin on a tight budget. Follow these tips from the American Academy of Dermatology to save your dollars and get glowing skin.
- Consider using petroleum jelly – its inexpensive and great for a multitude of uses, such as moisturizing feet, elbows, hands, lips and cuticles
- Limit product lines in your cabinet – it saves you money and storage space
- Consider dual-function products, such as a lip balm with sunscreen
Scrub a dub
Our skin does amazing things – during the complex cycle of keratinization, our skin replicates cells in order to replenish and refresh it about every 4 weeks. The International Dermal Institute reports that exfoliation offers a multitude of methods for use, and can be incredibly useful in assisting keratinization. There is almost always a product for everyone, even those with sensitive skin. Choose a product that offers dissolvable scrubbing beads that wont dry out skin for a youthful, luminous glow.
Permanent Makeup. Do or Dont?
Science has made leaps and bounds when it comes to cosmetics – the developing trend of getting makeup tattooed on the skin is proof enough. But is it a safe practice? Womenshealth.gov published an investigative study done by the FDA which states that no color additives have been approved for use in tattoos, including those used in permanent makeup. They are also just as their name implies – permanent – and therefore hard to remove should there be a change of heart.
Nail it down
Mention the words nail and fungus in the same sentence, and youll likely get a reaction equivalent to ew! People who often go to public swimming pools, get manicures and pedicures, or wear closed-in footwear are all at a higher risk of getting a nail fungus. Follow these guidelines from the National Institutes of Health in order to prevent nail fungi from growing.
- Do not share tools used for manicures and pedicures
- Keep skin clean and dry
- Take proper care of your nails using at-home manicure tool sets
- Clean and sterilize tools with a bleach or alcohol solution for 10 minutes after each use
- Wash and dry hands thoroughly after contact with any fungal infection